D&D - Sword Coast - Group Self Destruction, Part I.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D&D - Sword Coast - Group Self Destruction, Part I.

Post by illumination on 23rd October 2008, 7:02 am

Limnoch, Saamech and Slangsby burst from the burning bar and drag a twitching Arman out into the rain, his face covered in blood and Zombie bites. Instantly, Sorscha's moaning undead mob throw themselves inside the building and dull thumps and strange screams are heard, and you all glimpse ignited Zombies thrashing about within. You all watch, sitting in the mud as your former bar smolders and burns, a picture from a nightmare.

A little time passes, and with the rain reduced to drizzle you now survey a dozen scattered bodies in various states of destruction, some still guttering with flames where they lie. The bar is wrecked, blackened but vaguely still standing. The rain probably saved what's left of it but it is no longer a place for a quiet drink or sober discussion.

Looking up at the treehouse that was 'rented' to your guest bounty hunters, it is now clear they have fled. A rope, abandoned and tied to the walkway near their abode is testament to their aerial escape. Who knows what made them leave...

With Arman back on unsteady feet, with the wild undead destroyed you are free to consider your options.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Game effects.

Sorscha is deceased.
Most of the items left in the bar have survived and will be salvagable, having taken minor damage from smoke and singing. (90% value)
Limnoch is +1 Zombiod to his undead legions.
The clearing is now a hell hole of filleted torture victims, murdered foes, burning destroyed Zombies, and festering dead dragons and will require some hard labour from the remaining workforce to restore it to......well, respectability.
For Arman there will be scars, mental and physical from the ordeal of being held magically immobile while the undead chewed chunks of his face off. (RP effects only, down to iain.)
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D - Sword Coast - Group Self Destruction, Part I.

Post by illumination on 23rd October 2008, 7:10 am

Saamech whistles tunelessly and clambers up.

'Well, that was exciting. Glad we didnt execute the slaves earlier, they will be needed to clear this fucking mess up.'

Saamech grins at Arman and Limnoch.

'I suppose that didnt go exactly to plan but alls well that ends well. Excuse me gentlemen while I put our servants to task, the sooner they get this finished the sooner we can punish them properly for their crimes.'

Saamech begins to do as he described, remaining mostly within earshot as he delivers instructions.
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power on 23rd October 2008, 9:07 am

Sorscha lies immobile, dead eyes staring at the bleak sky, skin charred and burnt irrecognisable from the flames of the bar.

Rain water gathers in her gaping mouth, but then runs in rivulets through her broken and smashed throat to gather in pools amongst matted hair, now mixing with the drying sticky blood on the floor.

Nearby a burnt corpse sits suddenly upright still animated by her magic. Struggling to its feet it staggers forward a few steps before collapsing once more to the floor, knocking a table over the smashed body of the former cleric.

Nearby a pink wooden disc, fallen from her bag, lies on the floor, spattered with drops of blood.
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 23rd October 2008, 10:46 am

Chell emerges from the sparse treeline bordering the camp, holding in one of her hands a make-shift bag made from some unfortunate animal's hide. She rubs her rain-drenched forehead with her free hand before stomping over to her assembled travelling companions.

"What the FUCK happened?!" she roars on her way over, pushing some errants hairs out of her eyes and back atop her rain-plastered scalp.

"Leave for couple hours, come back to smoke and fire and fucking bodies everywhere."

She narrows her eyes and peers around at the devastation. "Where's Bane's Bride at?"
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador on 23rd October 2008, 11:09 am

"Dead Chell." Answers Limnoch simply "Sorscha is dead. She forced a conflict with Arman. She was wounded, but had Arman bound with her magic. I chose to side with Arman and struck her down. The corpses are what remains of her undead servants. The fire is my fault, I suppose, hmm?" He smiles wryly. "Fire magic in a bar, not my best idea perhaps. Bad business, Chell, bad business indeed."

The necromancer looks at Arman critically for a moment. "The Children of the Vaunted One are loyal servants, yes? Yes, but utterly alien in both mind and instinct. To be touched so closely changes one. Believe me, I know." He pauses for a moment and looks at the sky, allowing the rain to fall onto his face, draining down in small rivulets. "How well do I know..."

He extends his hand, indicating the direction of the elven tree dwellings. "Come now, the wounds are superficial but they must be cleaned, yes? Yes, this is sensible. The dead fester, you risk infection. Hopefully there are some herbs in Sorscha's quarters which I can make into a poultice. If not, well, we have clean water at least."

He turns back to Chell. "Unless you wish to heal him. That might be better, yes? Yes. It's up to you of course." He pauses again. "I would not have chosen this path, but Sorscha's earlier actions had made it clear. She could not be relied upon. Terrible business."
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination
Burnination in my Pantination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 23rd October 2008, 10:48 pm

Arman shakes his head slowly, blinking his eyes whilst gently running the back of his right hand across his cheeks, snarling infrequently.

"Filthy whore... filthy bitch..." he mutters nastily under his breath at regular intervals, the cold rain running down his thrice bitten face and dripping from his chin.

".. must make sure that does not happen again.." he rants to himself, staring into the bar for a time, before glaring at the remaining undead.

He then shakes his head briefly, looking rather unhappy, "Yes, these wounds must be cleaned, one way or another.." he says, briefly touching his bleeding cheeks with the back of his right hand again.

"Have the fools sort this out.. we should leave soon.. I am sick of this camp..." he grunts in an angry tone.
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

View user profile http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top