D&D - Sword Coast - The Bitter Taste of Defeat?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D&D - Sword Coast - The Bitter Taste of Defeat?

Post by Tromador on 9th September 2008, 10:43 pm

Having fled the overpowering darkness of Arbathnot's Animal Feed Emporium, the party has turned to introspection, drink and personal violence.

How long the 'mage' and the 'finger' might remain at the Warehouse is unknown, but it would seem foolish to rely on the location staying the same for long.

What will the group do? Burn down the warehouse in the hope of flushing the fox to the hounds, or sink further into the mire of defeat and risk the wrath of the Calimshan mages, the Collector, or even both!

Furthermore... will Dumitru survive the night, or has Arman finally lost patience.
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D - Sword Coast - The Bitter Taste of Defeat?

Post by ^^Truth on 9th September 2008, 11:13 pm

Arman finishes dragging Dumitru upstairs, before tossing his bleeding form over a blood strained mattress, removes him of weapons and gold, then proceeds downstairs.

Once down, he throws the taken items down by his bag and puts his new found wealth in his bag, before looking up at the assembled trio, "Any reason why someone might want the fool alive?" he asks in a mildly annoyed tone.

"If not, Limnoch, do you want the body and if so, what state do you want it in?" he then asks looking directly to Limnoch.

Arman then picks up the cloth wrap that was around his scimitar and wraps it back up, slipping it back into his bag, whilst people replying or not.

"Oh.. and what about the warehouse and finger? Are we still planning to attempt to steal it, or do we write this off as a learning exprience.." he adds as an after thought.

Arman then walks over to the bar briefly, placing down a couple of handfuls of gold, perhaps twenty or thirty gold in total, meeting the barman with a harsh, aggressive look, "For.. your trouble..." he says slowly, keeping eye contact, before walking back to the table.
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

View user profile http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador on 10th September 2008, 1:36 am

Limnoch considers for a moment.

"Life is all relative, as I was just discussing with Saamech here. Broken bones will be no good. No, no good at all, terribly bad business, broken bones. Bad business indeed."
Tromador

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 10th September 2008, 5:07 am

Chell slouches in her chair, tipping it back a fair distance with a dangerous-sounding creak. She puts her glass to her lips, slurping noisily as she eyes Arman then Limnoch as they both speak.

"Fuck him. He's your property now," she says to Arman, whilst scratching the remains of her right ear.

"Fuck witch. What it going to do, come out from behind curtain? Fuck finger. Want those cunts dead. Will do it alone, don't care."

She sniffs loudly and takes another loud slurp of her drink.
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination on 10th September 2008, 6:03 am

Saamech continues rocking, precariously on his chair, watching proceedings. A few flecks of drool mar his chin and he wears a beautific smile on his face.

He speaks to the ceiling as much as anyone in particular.

'The risks in this task outweigh the rewards, as much as I hate setbacks such as these. But if you are all determined, and wish to BURNNnnn it, ill come along.'

'The bard was always your property really, do what you like.'

Saamech begins to wave his hands, making strange shapes...

'But I would describe him as amusing, or rather his presence here amused me. When you kill him, we shall need a replacement party scapegoat, Im not taking the blame for anything.'
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 10th September 2008, 3:54 pm

Chell stares at Saamech as he rocks on his chair, smiling and drooling like a madman. She shifts in her seat, setting her tankard down on the table. She takes a knife from her belt and begins to carve a crude pictogram into the wooden surface.

"Why you care? Weren't hired. Never hurt you..." she pauses, looking up from her drawing, narrowing her eyes at Saamech. "What's in it for you?"
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination on 10th September 2008, 6:46 pm

Saamech smiles nicely, regarding the barbarian.

'Whats in it for me? Thats exactly the point. What is in it for me?'

'In that place, we have dangerous enemies who made us flee,

Saamech points at Chell now, idly from his half way back position, to remind her that she ran too.

'And they have magiks that Limnoch and I have not discovered the secrets of yet...'

'Its a simple question of risk against reward. But im not sure you are very familiar with such concepts.'

'But like I said, if you all disagree and are off to have another go with a spot of arson, ill come along. But extreme caution would be advised, I see the reason for such a move to be more about peace of mind and revenge than a realistic attempt of getting it. Whatever that thing is.'

Saamech rolls his eyes.

'It begs the question, why risk everything attacking clever and prepared enemies for a pittance, when there are such easier victims in the city for us to prey on.'

'And what about this Bane church thing, could we not raid them and find this fool you are looking for?'
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 10th September 2008, 8:01 pm

Arman listens briefly, finishing what was left in his tankard whilst he waits.

"Good... then I will deal with him." he states coldly, whilst tapping the back of his previous seat.

"As for the warehouse.. they would have likely moved location already, I doubt they're foolish enough to remain. We can attempt to go back and check, but I do not think will we find anything except townguards.. the fight was not silent or swift enough to not have attracted noticed."

"However I did agree to the contract so I am willing to have a look.. I think, after tonights slaughter though, which is several in such short time, we should be preparing to leave the city for a while, not try to bring even more attention to ourselves.

"Regardless, decide while I take care of Dumitru, I will not be long" he says, his tone still cold, before he heads back up the strairs drawing a well-used curved dagger.
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 11th September 2008, 5:53 am

Chell rolls her eyes at Saamech. She sucks on her teeth before responding.

"Forgot about Banites. Where's that girl? Gone to betray us?" she looks thoughful. "Want Mort, yes. Want to fuck up warehouse cunts too. So many gutless pussies in this place. Like to hide," she pauses and grins. "Am good at finding."

"Fuck the witch's task. Fuck the finger. Want to, heh heh, conclude business."
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination on 16th September 2008, 9:34 am

Saamech pauses his rocking, an expression of confusion on his face.

'Chell, from that sentance of contradictions, I am not sure if you are in favour of everything or nothing. Maybe I can simplify things...'

'I...... am not going back to a warehouse now likely crawling with guards, manned by enemies proven to be more adept than us, for no payment other than what may be found on the corpses.'

'I suggest we consider alternative means of getting gold. Stealing from the weak and unprepared, for example.'
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 17th September 2008, 7:06 am

Chell glares at Saamech, her upper lip curling back.

"Fuck you then. All you. Will kill gutless warehouse cunts alone. Later."

She slams a fist down on the sticky tavern table. "Want to fuck someone up. Someone weak, someone strong, don't care. Know of one thing some here want: Mort. Can go and rip Banite cocklickers to pieces to get him. Can use Bane's Bride as way to sneak in maybe."

She stares at Saamech for a moment, nostrals flared. "Got more clever words to waste?"
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination on 19th September 2008, 3:31 am

Saamech holds up his hands in a suspectly insincere apology, answering her question with a shrug.

'No more clever words Chell.'
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top