D&D - Eastern Heartlands - Perils of Myth Drannor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D&D - Eastern Heartlands - Perils of Myth Drannor

Post by ^^Truth on 6th February 2008, 11:26 pm

The quiet, peaceful meadow is still well within twilight hours when you all wake from your respective slumbers. The clear many-starred sky beams brightly with the full grace of Selune, the moon of Toril.

Torgush and Allen, the two survivors from their expedition to stop The Black Worgs, are busily digging a large hole next to the cloth-wrapped body of their lost companion and Allen's brother.

Asha floats upon the lake with the ease that any of you would put to laying upon earth, looking thoughtful, yet sullen.

Mobius you wake with a heady-feeling, you feel slightly nausated and the feeling isn't going away peacefully. Videl, your sleepless rest has refreshed you quite a bit and you feel fine.

You all sit around doing your own things, whilst the pair finish digging the hole and finally bury the lost young man, they then busy themselves for what looks like an immediate exit, whilst Allen is still putting things away and gathering his supplies, Torgush joins the pair of you on the miranda, where you both sit either going through your spellbooks, watching Asha glide through the stream, which is rather relaxing or appreciating the rather beautiful skyline.

"We be leavin' now, I'll be takin' th' boy back to 'is 'ome.. then I'll see if Elewin did ever turn up his bastard elven arse... no offense" Torgush states, banging a well-used plated helmet on the table.

"If 'e did, we'll both 'ead back this ways to look for ye all, see if we can 'elp out at all wit' removin' th' worgs, if yah'll still wanna be lookin' in tah that."

"Anyways, yah'll be taking extra good care in th' ruins, th' place is as dangerous as any in th' realms, good tidin's to yah all... oh, n' there be ah supply chest o' sorts in the 'ouse.. take what ya need, nothing more and if ya got anythin' spare, good if ya can leave what ya don't need be'ind fah others... I've told Eithne 'bout it and she'll know what's reasonable and ain't"

Torgush then picks up his helmet, gives you both a momentarily look over, before shaking his head and heading towards the exit of the meadow, "Allen! Lets go! We's got us ah long trip!" Torgush shouts to the young boy, whom sullenly hurries after Torgush.

Last edited by on 7th February 2008, 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

View user profile http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D - Eastern Heartlands - Perils of Myth Drannor

Post by ^^Truth on 7th February 2008, 12:38 am

After a little sitting around in reflection, you both head insides the cabin. Eithne and Asha, whom is dripping water everywhere, stand near the back by a large supply chest and a wardrobe.

In the wardrobe are various sets of simple travelling clothing for different sized folk, from halfling to half-orc you'd imagine. There is however one set of man-sized brown robes. None of the contents are of the quality to be magical in the slightest.

The chest is opened, immediately there's another lift panel where a messaged has been written on it.

"Take only what you need and nothing else, charity for others is appreciated and grants Selune's favour"

After looking over the message, Eithne then lifts the inside lid to reveal beneath is quite a varied cache of labelled items.

Last edited by on 7th February 2008, 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 7th February 2008, 12:55 am

Everything is labelled, yet with different styles of writing. Below is the full contents of the chest.

8 vials of blue liquid "Healing, weak".
3 vials of dark blue liquid "Healing".
2 vials of crystral blue liquid "Healing, strong".
1 vial of bubbling red liquid "Emergencies! Haste, Protection from Evil"
1 vial of black liquid "Frow at nemies"
1 vial of thick green liquid "cur desees"
1 pinkish bottle "Love"

1 scroll of dispel magic
1 scroll of protection from evil 10' radius
2 scrolls of magic missile
3 scrolls of light
1 scroll of non-detection
1 scroll of detect scrying

2 scrolls of bless
3 scrolls of cure light wounds
1 scroll of remove poison
2 scrolls of delay poison
1 scroll of create food and water
2 scrolls of lesser restoration
1 scroll of restoration

A leafy-looking ring "Leave no tracks"
A thin silver ring "Protection, minor"
A shimmering blue ring "Countering"

A silver stiletto "god stabba"

There is also a collection of coinage in a side-tray, which likely estimates at about a hundred and fifty gold, in assorted coins.

((Write out whatever you wish to take/do, Eithne can pretty much counter you taking more than she thinks is necessary. Write your actions from the miranda if you wish. Obviously starting a conversation with Eithne is advised against, since Mike won't have a computer until Saturday.))
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient on 7th February 2008, 6:16 pm

Mobius walks over to the chest, and reaches down for one of the vials of dark blue liquid (healing), the countering ring and the scrolls of Protection from evil, non-detection, and detect scrying. He also eyes the pink potion and has a torn look on his face.

He then asks the group, "Would it be alright if I placed the ring of mage hand in here? Oh, and I should think that I should put that wizard's spellbook in here once I'm done with it."
Omniscient
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 7th February 2008, 6:35 pm

Videl eyes the assorted goods with a quizzical look on his face.

"Such generous people, these new friends of ours. Very trusting. It's a delightful change of pace," he remarks, looking at his travelling companions.

He watches Mobius grab the handful of scrolls and one of the rings from the lockbox, an eyebrow arched.

"I would think that we might go about divvying up whatever was wanted from this bountiful charity in a more...democratic method. Not simply grabbing whatever takes our fancy."
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient on 7th February 2008, 8:49 pm

Mobius simply smirks at Videl and drops all the things that he picked up back into the chest. "Alright then, let's do this diplomatically as you suggest then. Should we go through this one item at a time, everyone telling each other what they want, or do you have something else in mind?"
Omniscient
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 8th February 2008, 12:45 am

Eithne looks between the pair of you for a moment with something like amusement.

"I need to be havin' a wee word with Torgush 'for 'e leaves, ye all play nicely and don't go looting it all" Eithne says, before looking at Asha, "I tolds ye the rough idea here, keep an eye on these" she says to her, before heading from the cabin in a little of a hurry

Asha looks at the departing Eithne for a moment, before looking back at yourselves, "I think we shouldn't be taking more than we need, this is all obviously rather important to Eithne, but going by what I've heard of late, it might be an idea to head back to here when we leave Myth Drannor anyway.. so we can always put back anything we haven't used or replace anything we've taken with anything we find." she says in a tone that suggests nothing had happened with either of you in the last twenty-four hours.

Asha then looks at you with a faint smile, Mobius "I'm sure they'd appreciate whatever you can afford to offer them in exchange, but... maybe you should consider getting yourself some clothes first..." she says with a badly disguised grin

"I was planning on just taking maybe a potion or two with some of the more healing scrolls, restoration, remove poison, that kind of thing.. could be helpful for us and if not, I can always put them back."

You both cannot help but notice momentarily that her water-soaked clothes, pinned against her chest, are making her nipples rather visible.

"If you both sort of want the same things, then yes, it might be an idea to work out what you're going to divvy up, but this isn't random treasure, it belongs to.. well, those Harpers, I guess" Asha finishes, before learning in the chest and putting the things Mobius removed, and dropped back in, back to their original positions.

"Which makes me think really.. I mean, this stuff isn't obviously for us, Eithne maybe, but not us three, so we probably shouldn't go overboard anyway, although she did say we likely need all the help we can get.. I think she has her eyes set on trying to tackle that group that the dwarf was talking about too"

Asha then rights herself, glancing at the contents of the trunk, before looking back to you both.

((Note. This needs to be finished before I start my session on Saturday. Cos we're FFing straight from the meadow.))

((Oh and remember. Write as much as possible, with future questions/actions in mind, so that it gives everyone else a lot more to reply to, thus gets things done quicker.))
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient on 8th February 2008, 10:56 am

Mobius looks down and scans his body, before shrugging and walking towards Asha, until he's practically in her face. "Well, I'm sure you've gotten used to me dressing this way by now, and back when I used to to live by myself in Highmoon, I didn't wear much either, so I guess I'm used to it."

He then tilts his head to the right and takes a look at Asha's clothing, "You're pretty close to be naked in your current attire as well." Mobius says, giving Asha one of his signature child-like smiles. "Tell you what, I'll find some clothes if you dry off yours, but where am I supposed to find some clothes around here?"

Mobius then proceeds to go back to the chest and peers inside it to inspect its contents once again. "I wouldn't worry too much about taking too much, I mean, we can always put back what we don't need once we're done can't we?" He addresses the pair of you. "Besides, I'd like to visit this place again, it's nice."

He then tilts his head to the right again and appears to be staring off into space and deep in thought. "Well...I certainly wouldn't want to upset Eithne or the Harpers or anything..." Mobius glances at the door where Eithne left. "And the whole take only what you need is tricky, since you don't really know what you need until you're presented with the situation."

There's a pause, and Mobius seems to have snapped back to reality and looks at you two. "Well, This does seem really tricky, so I'll leave it up to you guys. Like I said, I don't want to upset anybody, and I'm fine with doing whatever you two, and Eithne of course, decides..."

Mobius trails off and seems to be in deep thought again. It also appears as if he's not going to say anything else.
Omniscient
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 8th February 2008, 11:15 am

Videl rubs his chin, smiling his bright smile.

"Looking on this little treasure trove, I find that there's little that we might actually make use of. I, myself, only see one thing that I would like to procure..." he says, nodding at the "countering" ring that Mobius grabbed on his first rummage through the chest.

"Seeing as how you already have a handful of arcane manuscripts in your grasp, dear friend, I'd feel that it was quite reasonable for me to ask for that ring you seem to have accidentily picked up during your search through the footlocker of our generous, generous hosts."

Videl smiles again, the display interupted momentarily by a peppermint being popped into his mouth. He sucks on it thoughtfully, relishing the taste.

"As I've said, I have no real interest in anything else that our hosts have stockpiled. I'm sure you've seen the ring I wear on my left hand," he says, holding up said hand, which has a thin yet intricate silver ring on his ring finger, "but I assure you, it's only value is sentimental."
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient on 8th February 2008, 11:28 am

Mobius looks towards the ring with the "countering" label. "Yes, that ring does seem quite useful. But I don't think you should be so quick to dismiss the use of the other items. Healing is always useful. Or do you perhaps think we'll never be harmed" Mobius turns his head and smiles at Videl.

Mobius reaches down the chest and picks up the ring. He then examines it close to his face with some interest. "Well, as Asha said, none of this belongs to us, so I don't think it'd be right if we took it. I think we should just borrow what we need and replace it when we return."

Mobius then looks at the ring on Videl's finger. "Hmm, sentimental value huh..." But soon diverts his gaze onto the ring on his left hand. "This is a ring of protection that I inherited from my parents...I think. Well, it was inside the house I inherited, so I guess it's mine, no one's ever come to claim it anyways."

Mobius shrugs, "If you want to take the ring, then be my guest, I can't make you can do anything." Mobius places the ring back inside the chest. "What I seek inside the chest, I only wish to borrow anyways. You know, I would have preferred it if Torgush had said something along the lines of 'Take 3 items' or something of the like. Then we wouldn't be having this conversation now."

Mobius then goes to lean against one of the walls of the cabin.
Omniscient
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 8th February 2008, 12:12 pm

Videl laughs softly, giving the various bottles of curatives a glance.

"I'm sure we'll be harmed at one point or another, yes. But I feel that I have little use for such things. Like most people, I would be severely hurt if I were to be hit by a sword or an arrow. No amount of curative elixers in the world could bring one back from the dead, don't you feel?"

He reaches into the chest and retrieves the "countering" ring, which he holds in the palm of his hand.

"My thanks for allowing me this, friend. I was worried for a moment that you would be young and foolish and would just take whatever pleased you, regardless of others. I'm glad that I was wrong in that assumption," he says, smiling encouragingly. "But, yes. I'm sure that our new friend Torgush wouldn't have allowed us access to this bountiful spread if he did not believe that we were trustworthy enough, no? We'll be successful in whatever endeavor we choose to undergo, and if we ever find the time, we can always return here and dispose of our charitable gains."
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 8th February 2008, 10:26 pm

Asha briefly looks down at her top, "Well, I wouldn't say I was close to naked... anyway these are water clothes, they're supposed to cling tight when wet..." she says sounding a little defensive.

"Regardless, I was actually planning on changing my clothes now we're so far in land, these would be virtually impossible to replace and they've already been slightly damaged"

"I was likely going to take the robe, I felt it would be easiest to remove should I need to.. and I don't know, Mobius, but you might manage to find yourself some clothing in the wardrobe as well.."
she says with an amused look whilst motioning at the large wardrobe a couple of meters away.

"For the record though, no, I'm not really used to you being dressed like that, but I don't mind it, strutt around naked if it makes you comfortable. I just thought you might want to wear a little more before heading in to Myth Drannor, being human as you are."

"Anyway, getting to the more important matter... good you've both got that worked out, I'm going to take a few of the restorive scrolls, should be benefical should we encounter more poisons or beasts that drain life, I'll be taking a potion or two as well"

"I'd like to add, that I think you should both reconsider taking healing potions, for the simple fact that neither of you can actually heal unless I'm mistaken.. what happens if we end up in a fight and me and Eithne are unconscious and dying...?"

Asha then dips in to the chest, removes four scrolls and two of the vials labeled as "weak healing", before slipping the lot in to her satchel.

Videl. The ring in your hand is made of a light metal alloy with a blueish tint to it. You have a feeling it may well be mithril. As you twist the ring around in your fingers, for an instant you see a roll of flames run circular around the ring, then they're gone.

((Mobius, reread the 2nd post.))

((I just need to really know what you're both taking, but feel free to carry on if you like.))
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 9th February 2008, 5:23 am

Videl nods in agreement with Asha, watching her bend down and gather her chosen items from the chest.

"Yes, friend cousin, I was getting to such a point. It would be rather unfortunate for something of that sort to occur, but it is entirely likely that it may. Don't you worry, I shall make sure to keep an elixir on my person in order to revive you if you happen to be incapacitated," he says, smiling his bright smile.

((Taking: Countering ring and a weak healing potion.
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient on 9th February 2008, 8:09 am

Mobius shrugs at Asha and makes his way over to the wardrobe. He peers in and takes the brown robe, putting it over his body to see how it would fit him before excusing himself and going outside to change.

Awhile later, Mobius re-enters the cabin and makes his way over to the chest. "Hmm...let's see..." He says as he's peering into the chest. He reaches down and removes 4 scrolls (Dispel Magic, Protection from Evil, Non-detection, and detect Scrying) and one blue vial (healing).

"Well if it's alright with you I think I'll be taking this." He says while weighing the newfound equipment in his hands.
Omniscient
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 9th February 2008, 9:19 am

Asha frowns quite heavily when you take the robe, Mobius, the item she herself had indicated she wanted, "I guess I won't take the robe then.." she says looking a little annoyed, yet only for the slightest of moments.

"I'm glad you agree Videl, it's the smartest course of action... being prepared and that" she says, before pausing as Mobius takes a share, "Don't ask me, it's not my stuff, Moby.. I'm sure Eithne will be fine with it, if not, I'm sure she'll tell you herself"

Asha then walks to the wardrobe herself and begins to look over the left contents for something appriopirate.

After a moment however, she looks back, "Perhaps though Videl.... cousin" she then says as if correcting herself "...it would be wise to keep a couple, just incase, there is Eithne to think about as well and you never know what will happen or what we'll meet" she says before looking back to the wardrobe, to the last of the available clothing with a frown.

Mobius, the robe fits you quite well, however it is a little baggy along the waist, shoulders and forearms. Whomever it was tailored for was likely much more muscular than yourself.

Videl, you begin to notice your new ring is slightly warm to the touch, only a little however, hence you not noticing it before.

((Consider this done then, only reply if you wish to, I will read whatever is left here regardless. You get XP from this shit, ya know? ))
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! on 9th February 2008, 3:06 pm

Videl smiles, rubbing his chin in thought.

"It's struck me, friend Mobius, that you have the idea that we should all return whatever we take from this place after we are finished with it. But I see that you are taking scrolls...how might you return items that you use and are thus rendered useless? I don't believe that's in the spirit of this delightful charity."

He then slips the warm ring of metal onto the ring finger on his right hand, making sure that it will stay while extending his hand and giving it a somewhat vain assessment.
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient on 9th February 2008, 7:49 pm

"I merely meant that we should return whatever we don't use. And besides, I'm mostly just taking these scrolls as a precaution." He peers into the chest once more. "And well, if I do use something, I can always compensate by putting something else in I guess."

Mobius walks around a bit to test out his new robe. He then takes the green cloak he was wearing and offers it with a laugh back to Eithne. "Well...don't know if you'd still want to wear it, but here you go."
Omniscient
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination on 10th February 2008, 3:06 am

Eithne re-enters the cabin puffing slightly and glances over each of the occupants. She walks over to the open chest and crouches, before removing one weak and one strong healing potion, a single scroll and the silver stilletto, which she palms up her sleeve with alacrity.

She takes a note of what has been taken and turns to look at the remainder of the party, her silver pin still glinting on her collar.

'Tisnt a treasure trove, likes been said already, we take these things now with the intent of leaving this chest as full or fuller when we return. Care to remember it please friends as a loan, in our time of need.'

The Bard then takes out a few mysterious looking vials from her pack, and writes a quick note of explaination in which she wraps them before placing them in the chest.

(scroll = prot fm evil '10)
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top