Zamael of the Crawling City

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by illumination on 23rd January 2011, 1:48 am

A figure in the shadows sits, partly illuminated by the lava fires of burning mountains, its a rarely granted audience.

It speaks to him without using its mouth, indeed, it hasnt got a mouth, just smooth black flesh where one should be.

'It has been three months since you graduated at the academy Lieutenant. Why do you seek my wisdom?'

'Sire. I seek your guidance. I know I am human, raised though this great university of war that you and your predecessors watch over. But for all the classes on enemy emotion, incentive and motivation, I feel that I cannot understand the others of my race. They confuse and confound me, their motives and next moves seem sometimes to have no sense to them. Only last week I lost three birds to a senseless counter attack when the logical move available to my enemy was retreat and reorganise.'

There is a long pause, as an impossible alien intellect sifts unbidden and unresisted though the mortal mans thoughts.

'You will leave. Go to the cities where the mortal races dominate and learn about them so that you may better serve us. Make what they call, friends, sire a child, learn about emotions and why mortals do what they do. But be ready to leave it all when the time comes and return before your thirty fifth year has passed.'

The man glances up from his position on one knee, totally confounded and blinking in the dark after this totally unexpected response.

'Yes Sire, by your command.'

As he is about to leave, the customary oath of loyality is uttered between thing and man.

'Who do you serve?'

'The General, Sire'

'What General?'

'The General of Gehenna. Through this life and beyond.'

A tall human male with a hint of the lower planes about him. He is muscular without being monsterous, and would appear potentially agile were it not for a black steel hinged prosthetic foot which impedes manouverability more than straight line speed. He has slightly yellowish skin, a smooth shaved head and eyes that are so dark as to make one question where the pupil ends and the iris begins.

Second commander of the Fifth Wing of Aerial Reconnaissance
Almost Human Male. 9th Generation Gehenna Born.
Athar
Neutral Evil
Fighter 6, Kensai 7.
XP: 80557 (52742.5 carried over from Elvanshalee) (1000 deducted for special sword)

STR 16 +1@4th +1@8th
CON 15
DEX 8 (Prosthetic Iron Foot and Ankle)
INT 14 +1@12th
WIS 12
CHA 13

HP: 117 Unmodified rolls: (10,10,10,7,5,6,10,5,3,9,4,8,4)

BAB: +11

Saves (Ring of Resistance+2):

Fort: +11
Ref: +5
Will: +10

Feats

Power Attack
Cleave
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword)
Weapon Specialization (Bastard Sword)
Improved Critical (Bastard Sword)
Mounted Combat
Iron Will
Mage Slayer
Close Quarters Fighting

Class and Racial Abilities

Oath of Service to the General of Gehenna
Signature Weapon
Power Surge
Ki Projection
Withstand

Skills

Balance (DEX) 9 8
Bluff (CHA) 2 +7 Ki Projection 9
Concentration (CON) 13 15
Climb (STR) 5 8
Diplomacy (CHA) 5 +7 Ki Projection 12
Gather Information (CHA) 1 +7 Ki Projection 9
Hide (DEX) 0 -1
Handle Animal (CHA) 5 6
Jump (STR) 5 8
Knowledge (Lower Planes) (INT) 4 6
Knowledge (Tactics) (INT) 6 8
Move Silently (DEX) 0 -1
Ride (Wyvern) (DEX) 5 +2 Syn 6
Spot (WIS) 4 5
Listen (WIS) 4 5
Spellcraft (INT) 2 4
Intimidate (CHA/STR) 2 +7 Ki Projection 12
Survival (Lower Planes) (WIS) 4 5
Sense Motive (WIS) 4 5

Languages

Planar Common, Yugoloth

Height: 6,0
Weight: 210lbs

Gear

Abyssal Blood Iron Bastard Sword +5
(+4 to Crit Confirms)

Impact Resistance Full Plate +1
(50% damage from full body bludgeoning events. - Includes 1 Locked Gauntlet.)

Yugoloth Lieutenant Helm.
Darkvision 120'. Low-Light Vision. +5 spot checks.

The Raging Mezzoloth
Large Adamantine Shield +3.
1/day pukes venomous flames as a ranged touch attack upto 30' away. Attack deals 2d6+4 fire damage and poison @ DC17 for 1d4 CON secondary 2d4 CON.
Provides 1/- damage reduction.

Aroma of Curdled Death
Open and smear yourself with it. From then onwards the ointment radiates a 10' invisible cloud of poisonous gas for 1 minute. Anyone not smeared in the ointment and in the area suffers effects as below.
3 HD or less: Instant Death.
4-6 HD. DC17 Fort or die (1d4 CON damage on successful save)
6 HD or more. DC 17 Fort or 1d4 CON.
The bottle can be thrown/poured/broken to form a 5' radius cloud at the location with effects as above.

Amulet of Unholy Restoration.
Allows the wearer to drain his own being, weakening his body, to restore his own flesh.
Effect: Allows the user to heal himself by 2d4+8 HP by burning a point a point of consitution. Upto 3 points of consitution can be burnt with a standard action, but effectively all consitution could be consumed in a day.
One point of consitution will return after each 24 hour period.
The user has to wear the amulet for at least 24 hours to tune itself to the individual, otherwise it will not function.
Use of this item is extremely painful and rots surface flesh to heal deep wounds.
Anyone to die of consitution lost via the amulet 50% becomes an insane wraith and 50% goes to Gehenna.

Ring of Resistance +2

Boots of the Wanderer
Pass con checks for forced march or running.

Javelin of Lightning x3

Bag of Holding I (Rolled up in beltloops).
Contents: Potions: Lesser Restoration x2, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Neutralise Poison, Haste, Undetectable Alignment, Invisibility, See Invisibility, Silence, CLWx2, CMWx2, CSWx1.
1 hatchet, 1 sturdy saw, 1 screwdriver, 1 large metal spanner, 1 hammer, 1 stout metal bar, scalpels and needles (selection of), an axe handle, disinfectant, bandages and dressings, scissors (large), 2lbs dried meat, packet of curry powder, salt, 10kg of Rice, 10l of water, 1 gal lantern fuel, saucepan, firelighting materials, firewood (3 days), 1 two man tent, Manacles (six pairs), 200' of silk rope, a grappling iron, a large high quality padlock, a length of heavy chain (10ft), glass caltrops, one bag. Writing materials, assorted books, a quantity of human hair, piano wire (18"), a womans hair net, a single red stocking, a change of clothes, a scary ghost mask, 2 fist sized rocks, acid (1l), MW Silver Guisarme (Sleathed), Spare Javelins (Tips covered)x4, 2xIron 2xSilver.

Wealth: 15000gp. (All but 2000gp kept at Faction HQ.)

Faction Effects

SR 5+Lvl vs Divine Magic cast by a Cleric of a specific deity.

Clerics of specific deities may not aid known faction members with any spells or other uses of divine power, particularly healing.

Last edited by illumination on 21st March 2011, 9:57 pm; edited 44 times in total

illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zamael of the Crawling City

Post by illumination on 23rd January 2011, 1:49 am

Roleplaying notes:

Very much work in progress but its a start. I will further update and double check everything when I have more time.

John, seeing as you are DM you might as well help me out with da starting gear. Before anyone goes off on one, dont worry about flying mounts, not expecting to begin with one of those, its just what he did before and is likely wasted points/feat but its good BG shit.

If theres any worries that he's evil and nuts chill, he's on a voyage of understanding and is looking for friends to hang out with, well aware that not every cutter in the multiverse thinks like a fiend. Suggest his entry in the campaign can be managed by Ruby, as I can see someone approaching her and asking her as a favour to look after this odd guy from out of town for a couple of weeks.

All the starting requirements are there and the Kensai business works well enough, although it is set up for a feudal japan type setting. Id be happier if it was adapted a bit for the planar setting. The only starting condition im peery about is 'Lawful' although i can manage it at a push if you insist. An equally restrictive belief in the superiority of neutrality would do the job methinks. Gonna kinda be acting lawful with regard to the pledge anyway so meh, not too bothered.

Definitely not finished with the skills...

illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 23rd January 2011, 5:42 am

I'll handle a brief introduction.

I'll handle magical items.

Don't worry about the lawful aspect. I understand where you're coming from. Assume however you're "lawful" when dealing with your Yugoloth superiors. However I suspect that was the plan anyway.

There really is no problem with flying mounts. Wyverns are such big buggers anyway, their use is limited and to be honest, flying around whilst the group work, only removes you from RP (consider that, I stand by giant mutant Howlers).

^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

View user profile http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination on 23rd January 2011, 5:46 am

Ta, see you in openR about 2000 or before for HP roll etc. Ill try and sharpen this up a bit in the meantime.

illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth on 23rd January 2011, 5:48 am

Whenever. I'm doing/writing stuff and the like. I'll just leave the window open in the background and tab back if/when you arrive.

^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

View user profile http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination on 23rd January 2011, 6:34 am

For info, Smile

illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile