Silvana

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silvana

Post by tomtom on 16th September 2010, 12:17 pm

This is my char for next session, comments welcome.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240538
will be type up here when i am finally in.

Female CG Elf Ranger, Level 5, Init +4, HP 38/38, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15, Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 5
Mighty +2, +1 Bow Comp. Longbow (Standard) 10 (1D8+3, 20/x3)
MW Longsword (NA) 8 (1D6+2, 19-20/x2)
Mithral +1 Chainshirt (+5 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition None

Last edited by tomtom on 16th September 2010, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Statblock)

tomtom
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silvana

Post by illumination on 17th September 2010, 4:00 am

hello and welcome!

for me overall i personally think there is some potential here, i think there may be a few things different with the gaming you are used to and the way we are here, i guess ill break it down into positives and negatives:

positives:

*fills areas the party has a gap in currently, ie ranger, archer, female.
*it is fairly powerful, in comparison to the average PC at the moment, but not so over the top that its unworkable.
*the gear is sensible, although im dying to find out what is in a standard adventurers backpack!. Wink
*i like the alignment, ie, there is an alignment, the party currently is a bit lacking in any real alignment at the moment.
*skills are fairly balanced. be aware we have a custom rule that means all normal skills are class skills so you can pick what you like.

negatives:

*not a lot said about the PC's background or what she's like, in a roleplaying sense. (now i like suprises so no need for massive detail, but something would be handy)
*stats look very much built for their combat effects rather than realism. id encourage you to have a good think about the type of person this is and what their 'real' statistics might be. for instance, CHA 8. going off the picture on the sheet CHA 8 surprises me! oh, and i reckon you are over your allowance of 28 points but i may be wrong.
*finally, and this isnt your fault if you are new to planescape, but im wondering if the PC is a prime or a planar, and if so what faction they might be. ignore this if none of this means a thing to you, it just means you'll have to be a prime.

illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomtom on 17th September 2010, 7:28 am

illumination wrote:hello and welcome!

for me overall i personally think there is some potential here, i think there may be a few things different with the gaming you are used to and the way we are here, i guess ill break it down into positives and negatives:

positives:

*fills areas the party has a gap in currently, ie ranger, archer, female.
*it is fairly powerful, in comparison to the average PC at the moment, but not so over the top that its unworkable.
*the gear is sensible, although im dying to find out what is in a standard adventurers backpack!. Wink
*i like the alignment, ie, there is an alignment, the party currently is a bit lacking in any real alignment at the moment.
*skills are fairly balanced. be aware we have a custom rule that means all normal skills are class skills so you can pick what you like.

negatives:

*not a lot said about the PC's background or what she's like, in a roleplaying sense. (now i like suprises so no need for massive detail, but something would be handy)
*stats look very much built for their combat effects rather than realism. id encourage you to have a good think about the type of person this is and what their 'real' statistics might be. for instance, CHA 8. going off the picture on the sheet CHA 8 surprises me! oh, and i reckon you are over your allowance of 28 points but i may be wrong.
*finally, and this isnt your fault if you are new to planescape, but im wondering if the PC is a prime or a planar, and if so what faction they might be. ignore this if none of this means a thing to you, it just means you'll have to be a prime.

1. thanks for the feedback.
2. The cha 8 gave me some headache too, even more so with the all skills are class skills house rule. knowing that rule....i may even reconsider a few more things.
3. Standard adventure Backpack just contains the MOST basic staff, one thing i really hate is micromanagment
4. Alignment, well CG is very close to the players alignment, so i can play that the best.
5. Background....and such things. I have her background roughly in my head, i usally form a personalty and BG in details on the fly during play. For the compaign, she is a primer who landed by accident in Sigil, hence the lack of any planar related skills, one of her main weakness (or strength as some would say), is her curiosity.
6. Pointbuy, i am pretty sure i am right, in her dex is one point from Level 4, that may be confusing at first.

TT

tomtom
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador on 17th September 2010, 9:49 am

To clarify - all skills are NOT class skills.

The normal maximums for class and non-class skills apply, however there are no half-ranks. 1 point = 1 rank, for class and non-class skills alike.

Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination
Burnination in my Pantination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomtom on 17th September 2010, 8:11 pm

Tromador wrote:To clarify - all skills are NOT class skills.

The normal maximums for class and non-class skills apply, however there are no half-ranks. 1 point = 1 rank, for class and non-class skills alike.

Thanks for the clarification.
Any other houserules i should be aware ?

TT
P.S. : How does that affect Languages ?

tomtom
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomtom on 19th September 2010, 1:26 am

Made some final tiny changes, to be more useful to the group.
Dropped the archery focus and goal (order of the bow Initiate)
New focus Explorer (Horizon Walker as goal)
changes Prezice shot to dodge
added a Buckler
Dropped Magic bow, added a ring of protection insted.
So a slightly shift from ranged to melee combat wise.

See you in a few hours,

TT

tomtom
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomtom on 20th September 2010, 10:53 am

attributes rearanged as requested.

TT

tomtom
Fweeble
Fweeble

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Char block

Post by tomtom on 25th September 2010, 6:08 am

Chaotic Good, Moon Elf Ranger (5)
Faction: Undecided
Strength: 13
Dexterity: 13 (16) +1 Level 4
Constitution: 12 (10)
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 14
Hit Points: 29
Armour Class: 21 (normal) 15 (touch) 17 (flat)
Melee AB: +6
Ranged AB: +8
Fort Save: +4 (+4)
Reflex Save: +7 (+4)
Will Save: +3 (+1)
Class and Racial Bonuses:-
Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects
Low-light vision
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks
An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it
Favored Enemy Orc +2
Favored Enemy Devil +4
Animal Companion : Elven Hound (Coshee)
Feats:-
Track
Point black shot
Rapid Shot
Endurance
Dodge
Skills:-
1 free
Hide 5 (8)